There’s no question that content is king when it comes to websites. Viewers and potential clients are looking for meaningful content that either answers a question or addresses a need they have. Most likely, viewers will only spend a few seconds on your page to decide whether or not they will read the entire piece.
Here are some things to keep in mind when adding content to your website:
- Make sure the content you are adding is meaningful. Fresh content is great. Fresh content that is more about keywords and less about quality, not so much.
- Create content that your readers will find interesting and want to read. If you are gearing your website toward people who buy carpet, don’t use a lot of industry buzz words that your intended audience won’t understand.
- Try and concentrate on one item rather than try and cover too many items. Splitting up a complex subject is also a good idea.
- Check and make sure that the web address (url or permalink) is easy to read and relates to your post.
- Make content easier to read by including pictures and bullet points.
- Be sure to spell check your content and look for any grammar mistakes.
- Double check any links you include to make sure they are working correctly.